Celebrate for a Cause – Manly chooses Rosies

Celebrate for a Cause Manly has announced its Post Cards from Palm Springs themed event will be held 21st October 2023 at the Manly Harbour Boat Club (MHBC).

CFC founders Tracey Lucock and Kara Vallins said, “This much-loved event, now in its 6th year has raised over $198k for local charities and could raise over $60,000 in 2023.”

Kara said, “we are so excited to announce this year’s Charity partner as Rosies”. CEO Jayne Shallcross responded to the good news by saying, “at a time when we are seeing a more than 20% increase in the amount of people seeking assistance, funds raised from the Celebrate for a Cause, Manly event will have a huge impact on our patrons locally. Funds raised from this event will go towards purchasing a new van for our Wynnum Manly branch”.

In addition to Rosies, who will receive 80% of the proceeds, the remaining 20% will be directed to the Bayside Community Fund (BCF) to build long-term community funding opportunities for Bayside community organisations.

CFC Planning Committee & Rosies pose for a happy snap at the launch event

The BCF raises funds through partnered events, sponsorship, real-estate advertising, bequests and donations. Partnered events like Pups in the Park which will be held 21 May at Wynnum Bugs, share proceeds with their partner organisation for immediate community benefit. BCF then invest the shared percentage of proceeds into a fund managed by the Queensland Investment Corporation and governed by the Queensland Community Foundation. Dividends will be distributed back into the community in perpetuity by way of grants to multiple charities annually.

The main CFC event is a stunningly styled recreation of mid-century Palm Springs on Manly’s waterfront. Live big band entertainment and roaming performers, California cool inspired food Marketta, premium beverages, a whisky bar, 19th Hole Golf Challenge, Oasis Touch Up Lounge, raffles and auctions have been curated to suit this year’s theme ‘Post cards from Palm Springs’, pulling inspiration from the old Hollywood era.

Tracey said, “we could not raise the funds we do without the incredible support of our generous sponsors including Sorrentino Property, Infoways, Motorline BMW, Yachtshare, Relsig Property, Veuve Cliquot, Chandon Spritz, Sivacom and Urbex, a BMD company.” Kara expanded on this by saying, “our gratitude to our new and returning sponsors, community donors, volunteers and committee members is unmeasurable. These incredible supporters have armed this event with so much passion and purpose year after year.

CFC’s founding and platinum sponsor Sorrentino Property has worked closely with the CFC team to create an incredibly elevated guest experience with the aptly named Sorrentino Property Mirage Experience.

The Mirage Experience offers guests a lux styled waterfront reserved seating lounge with a stunning grazing board and welcome drink on arrival, personal food and premium Vueve Cliquot champagne and liquor package with concierge service, private bar, plus priority access to the dance floor, Rat Pack Whisky Bar, 19th Hole Golf Experience and Oasis Touch Up bar.

A highlight of the launch was the announcement of the CFC Community Champion award. Community favourite and owner of Cedar & Pine Bar, Mali Hunnan was presented the award to recognise her incredible passion for celebrating community, supporting local business and her quirky use of humour to entertain us with every word and inspire us to: Do better, be better because All we have is Now. Mali has also create a special edition Wordy Wine to raise money for Celebrate for a Cause.

Tickets to the October 21 Event will be available soon via cfcmanly.com.au

Waterfront Lawn Experience:
+ stunning styled cocktail style event under the stars

+ welcome cocktail on arrival
+ Postcards from Palm Springs Big Band

+ Roaming entertainment
+ Fork style dinner served from Palm Springs inspired food market stalls

Access to New experiences:

+ Rat Pack Whisky Bar

+19th Hole Golf Experience

+ Oasis Touch Up Bar

+ a chance to win a VIP pre-party courtesy of Yachtshare

Sorrentino Property Mirage Experience:

+ private seating, styling and merchandise by Vueve Cliquot & Chandon Spritz

+ grazing table on arrival

+ private bar

+ premium dance floor access
+ 3-hour premium Veuve Cliquot & Liquor package
+ Fork style dinner served from Palm Springs inspired food market stalls
+ prizes, live & silent auctions, raffles and more

Priority access to New experiences:

+ Rat Pack Whisky Bar

+19th Hole Golf Experience

+ Oasis Touch Up Bar

Cedar & Pine Wordy Wines

Wordy Wines can be ordered via TryBooking link when tickets go on sale for collection at Cedar and Pine or purchase directly from Cedar and Pine Bar,

139 Bay Terrace, Wynnum.

$8 from each bottle sold will go directly to Rosies

Anna showing off the Wordy Wines charity bottles