POSITION DESCRIPTION: Rosies Night-time Coordinator – Gold Coast North (PDF)
|SERVICE STREAM||Night-time Coordinator|
|LOCATION||Gold Coast North|
|TERM||12 months with possibility of extension|
|HOURS OF WORK||12 per week including night work plus a level of voluntary contribution|
|REPORTS TO||State Coordinator|
|Our Purpose and VALUES|
|Rosies is a community of people sharing the Oblate spirit of daring. Inspired by the Gospel, Rosies reaches out to those most abandoned, to be present with them, offering them experiences of community and belonging.
Rosies vision is to reach those who are most abandoned in our society to offer a time of presence and connection with others through:
• Street Outreach;
• Drug and Children’s Court support;
• Youth Detention Centre Visitation;
• Prison Visitation
|To ensure delivery of Rosies mission and volunteer safety in Gold Coast North: Night-time and work collaboratively with Branch Coordinator.|
|KEY PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS|
|1. Mission, Vision and Values||· Contribute to the development of an organisational culture that is consistent with the philosophy and values of Rosies.
· Work ethically and model Gospel and Rosies values through your personal leadership.
|2. Key Duties||· Represent Rosies within the Gold Coast community in collaboration with the Branch Coordinator
· Liaise with State Coordinator regarding training, rosters, volunteer numbers
· Liaise with Branch Coordinator regarding supplies and logistics
· Liaise with Team Leaders and State Coordinator following a reported incident
· Manage required documentation in a prompt manner
|3. Branch responsibilities||· Outreach mentoring and monitoring
· Supplies and logistics (in conjunction with Branch Coordinator)
· Team liaison
· Public Relations (assist Branch Coordinator)
· School liaison
· Financial recording
· Periodic newsletter to night-time volunteers
|4. Workplace Health & Safety||· Oversee outreach adherence to safe work practices at all times.
· Model safe work practices and ensure appropriate reporting
|5. Other Duties||· Participate in relevant forums and training programs.
· Work as an effective team member in accordance with Rosies mission, purpose and values.
· Other activities as directed.
|Required to have||Beneficial to have|
|· Commitment to the Rosies mission and values
· Team leadership experience
· Strong communication skills both written and verbal
· Organisational skills
· Community engagement skills
· Demonstrated basic ability to use computer IT systems including email and MS Word.
· Queensland ‘C’ class Licence.
· Ability to obtain positive notice in the legislatively required personal history check in line with compliance requirements
|· Significant experience as a Rosies volunteer
· Thorough understanding of Rosies vision, mission, and guiding principles
· Thorough knowledge of Rosies policies and practices
· Member of a faith community
Contact Head Office for more details. Closing date: Monday 7 February 2019