POSITION DESCRIPTION: Rosies Chaplain Formation (PDF)
|Wynnum (base) outreach to across Queensland
|12 months with possibility of extension
|HOURS OF WORK
|20 per week with majority between 5-10pm
|Our Purpose and VALUES
|Rosies is a community of people sharing the Oblate spirit of daring. Inspired by the Gospel, Rosies reaches out to those most abandoned, to be present with them, offering them experiences of community and belonging.
Rosies vision is to reach those who are most abandoned in our society is to offer a time of presence and connection with others through:
• Street Outreach;
• Drug and Children’s Court support;
• Youth Detention Centre Visitation;
• Prison Visitation
|To promote and model the Mission and Values of Rosies within the outreach teams.
To promote a person-centred practice and faith-inspired environment responding to and respecting the human and spiritual needs of staff, volunteers and patrons.
To assist in the implementation of initiatives such as parish-based outreaches and branch-based chaplaincy.
To work collaboratively with the Oblate Chaplain and the General Manager to create an effective chaplaincy team.
|KEY PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
|1. Mission, Vision and Values
|· Execute the duties and functions of the role aligned with the Gospel and Catholic traditions as well as the mission, ethos, and values of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate.
· Contribute to the development of an organisational culture that is consistent with the philosophy and values of Rosies.
· Work ethically and model Gospel and Rosies values through your personal leadership framework.
|2. Role outline
|· This is an accompanying role and does not have a compliance focus
· Develop relationships with teams especially Team Leaders
· Learn ‘Rosies’ especially from identified exemplar teams
· Develop an understanding of the cultures that exist across teams
· Attend 3 outreaches per week (on average) with a tactical selection of branches and teams
· Develop strategies to enhance engagement of volunteer teams with Rosies Christian spirit and Oblate charism
· Identify a network of branch level chaplains to assist in assessment of distributed Chaplaincy resources
· Contribute to communication activities such as reflections for volunteers, networking and guest speaker engagements promoting Rosies.
· Report identified issues at an individual or team level which may require suitable staff/volunteer support responses.
· Participate in maintaining a workplace culture within Rosies, which respects human dignity, provides equality of opportunity, addresses the needs of the poor and disadvantaged, and protects human rights.
|· Demonstrate understanding of, and personal commitment to the mission, vision and values of Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate, to a Christian spirituality and in the spirit of St Eugene de Mazenod and to an appreciation of Rosies as a missionary activity.
· Model a leadership style which promotes a person-centred practice throughout the service ensuring a whole-of-person and faith-inspired environment reflecting Rosies mission and core values.
· Support the formation of volunteers, in line with organisational procedures.
|4. Documentation, Quality Systems & Continuous Improvement
|· Create, store and archive documentation in line with legislative requirements.
· Identify improvements to policy, procedures, work instructions, other organisational systems and the work environment to ensure Gospel values and principles of Catholic teaching are reflected appropriately.
· Participate in the development, implementation and review of relevant Rosies policy, procedures and other documentation, as required.
· Work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders to prepare, undertake and maintain external requirements, as necessary.
|5. Workplace Health & Safety
|· Adhere to safe work practices at all times.
|6. Other Duties
|· Participate in staff development and team meetings.
· Work as an effective team member in accordance with Rosies mission, purpose and values.
· Engage in reflective practice and participate in meaningfully regular professional supervision sessions.
· Other activities as directed.
|Required to have
|Beneficial to have
|· Relevant qualifications in Pastoral Care, Theology and/or Spirituality and/or Counselling.
· Demonstrated commitment to, knowledge and understanding of the principles of Catholic teaching, tradition and ecumenism.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in providing pastoral care and/or volunteer services within a Christian perspective.
· Team leadership experience.
· Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
· Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver Licence.
· Ability to obtain positive notice in the legislatively required personal history check in line with compliance requirements.
|· Previous experience in a similar role, either in Christian ministry environment.
|KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
|Demonstrated ability to accompany small teams with human and spiritual guidance tailored to the needs of the person and ensure persons are treated with respect and empathy.
|Demonstrated ability to apply and integrate in real practical ways appropriate Catholic teaching, Gospel values, the charism of Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate and the vision of Rosies.
|Experience in pastoral care and volunteer support that focuses on supporting those who are assisting the most abandoned in our society.
|Proficient communication and interpersonal skills to engage on a personal level providing comfort and confidence, as well as the ability to build relationships across an organisation to assist in the provision of support for staff and volunteers.
|Demonstrated understanding of the emotional and spiritual needs of people at different ages and stages of life, and special attention to those working with the poor and vulnerable.
|Demonstrated commitment to a community of faith.
Contact Head Office for more details. Closing date: Thursday 22 November 2018
[contact-form to=’[email protected]’ subject=’Enquiry from Rosies Website’][contact-field label=’Your name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Your email address’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Your message’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]